Q & A
- How do I sign up?
- What do I get with my registration fee for the Run?
- Am I able to transfer my registration to someone else?
- What about the Weather?
- Is there a deadline to sign up for the RUN and other events?
- The Wave Time I want to race in is sold out. Can I still get in?
- Can I register for the run on the day of the event?
- Do we take registrations by mail?
- Can I come just to watch?
- When should I get there the day of the event?
- When do I get my Packet?
- Do I need to bring a signed waiver at packet pick up?
- Can I pick up my friend or family members Packet?
- What Do I need to Bring?
- What should I NOT Bring?
- I have a question about the run, should I contact the venue?
- What should I wear?
- Can I wear a costume?
- Can I run the event in my costume?
- Can I run barefoot?
- Is there drinking water for the runners?
- Will there be food?
- Will there be beer?
- Can I bring my pet?
- Are there bathrooms there?
- How old do I need to before the run?
- When will the awards be given out?
- The Party? When does it start and when is it over?
- Clean Up? Do you really want to?
- What is Medieval Rush?
- Should you do this?
- How long is the run?
- Will Medieval Rush be to hard for me?
- How do I know what my time was?
- How long do I have to complete the course?
- Can a person help me over the obstacle if I can’t do it?
- What if I don’t swim?
- Is Medieval Rush Safe?
- Do I need to be in great Medieval shape to do this?
- Can my spectators take photos of participants?
- How can we hook up with Medieval Rush for our Charity?
- How do I become a Medieval Rush Volunteer?
- I am from the media and want to cover the event. How do I get in?
- How can my company become a Sponsor?
- I want Medieval Rush to come to my Town. Who do I talk to?
- I heard about the street team. What is it and how do I get on it?
- Didn’t answer your question?
How do I sign up ? Back to Top
Click on our Registration Page per location – Click here
What do I get with my registration fee for the Run?Back to Top
- *One Medieval Beer
- An Official Medieval T-shirt
- Medieval Experience
- Medieval number
- You could win $500
- You get to be a good Medieval and help a Charity
- Medieval Dance Party in Mud
- Good times with Medieval Friends
- Chance to prove you have what it takes to Go Medieval
- Medieval Stories to Tell
- A feeling of wanting more Medieval Action
*One beer is included for each participant who is of legal age to consume alcohol.
Be Medieval Smart – Please Do Not drink and drive. Bring a Friend to drive you home.
Refunds?Back to Top
Nope. Sorry Medievals there are no refunds for the Run, Team Tug O War or Medievalist Man
Am I able to transfer my registration to someone else?Back to Top
If you absolutely must, you can transfer your registration up until 3 weeks before the event. But it is entirely up to you to get money from the person you want to transfer your registration to. The transferred registration can only be transferred for the same location, wave time and price amount you initially signed up for. You can’t transfer the registration to a different race time or location. Fill out this form and E-mail it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Transfer downloaded here
What about the Weather? Back to Top
What about it? What if it rains dragons and lizards? The Run will be muddier and so will the Medieval Mud Dance Party! Hey! Go Medieval!!!
Is there a deadline to sign up for the RUN and other events?Back to Top
Take a look at each locations specific registration page.
The Wave Time I want to race in is sold out. Can I still get in?Back to Top
Nope. Once the wave time is sold out, it is sold out.
Can I register for the run on the day of the event?Back to Top
You can but the price is high ($100) and it is only while supplies last. You might show up and all extra registrations maybe taken.
Do we take registrations by mail?Back to Top
Nope. We only accept registrations through the online registration.
Can I come just to watch?Back to Top
OHHH YEAHHH! You can come as a spectator and GO Medieval for the Day!! You can dress up with a costume, eat food, drink beer, encourage friends, and take in all the events of the day plus Just Go Medieval!!!!
Parking?Back to Top
$10 all day there is a designated area for the Festival Parking, please bring the correct amount (like a $10 bill). Please car pool and be smart have a designated driver. Once you get close to the festival area you will see where the parking is located.
When should I get there the day of the event?Back to Top
You should be at the Opening Ceremony! If you cannot you should arrive at least 1 ½ hours before your race time. There will be a lot of Medievals coming to the conquering grounds. Remember your number, timer chip, change of clothes if you must, Extra Cash, Photo ID and your Medieval Ways!
When do I get my Packet?Back to Top
Each event location has its own specific Pre Packet pick up location the day before the event. You will also be able to pick up your packet the day of the event at the Packet Pick Up tent before the festival entrance. You will need your personal ID and fully completed-signed waiver form. Medievals under the age of 18 must have a guardian sign off on waiver form. NO packets will be mailed.
Do I need to bring a signed waiver at packet pick up?Back to Top
Yes you do. If you forget there will be forms there to fill out, but to make your packet pick up faster download it here.
Can I pick up my friend or family members Packet?Back to Top
Yes, but you have to have these items:
1. The friend or family member’s photo ID. Driver’s license is the best.
2. A letter from friend or family member stating you are picking up their Packet. Signed.
3. A signed and dated copy of the participant waiver form downloaded here.
What Do I need to Bring?Back to Top
- Your Photo ID
- Good footwear is recommended. You will get Medieval
- Water bottle to refill
- Extra Cash for Food, Beer, Stone Throw, Tomato Toss and Medieval Swag
- Medieval Ways
- A Costume would be good, preferable Medieval.
- Friends to Party with and one who doesn’t party to drive you home
What should I NOT Bring?Back to Top
- No outside alcoholic beverages. For Sure!
- No real Medieval Weapons and/or firearms. Seriously.
- No glass containers. Let’s be Safe and Medieval.
- No bare feet.
*These will be enforced by security*
I have a question about the run, should I contact the venue?Back to Top
Please do not contact the venue. Look through these questions here and if your question isn’t answered contact us by E-mail email@example.com Subject Line: Question
What should I wear?Back to Top
Whatever you would like as long as you are appropriately covered and it doesn’t injure any other Medievals.
Can I wear a costume?Back to Top
OHHH YEAHHH! Preferably Medieval.
Can I run the event in my costume?Back to Top
OHHH YEAHHH! As long as you are appropriately covered and it doesn’t injure any other Medievals.
Can I run barefoot?Back to Top
Nope. Your feet are precious.
Is there drinking water for the runners?Back to Top
Yes, before, during and after.
Will there be food?Back to Top
You Serious? There will be tons of food to eat and feed the Medieval Monster inside of you. Beer too!
Will there be beer?Back to Top
YES, YES and YES.
Can I bring my pet?Back to Top
The only animal allowed is the Medieval Beast inside of you. We also allow Service Animals on the property for those who are in need of them.
Are there bathrooms there?Back to Top
What do you think? Yes.
How old do I need to before the run?Back to Top
14. Runners under age 18 must have the participation waiver signed by a parent prior to receiving their race pack. We also have a kids course for ages 8-13.
Awards?Back to Top
- Best Run Time for Overall Male: $250
- Best Run Time for Overall Female: $250
- Add Best Team Time: $250
- Best Medieval Costume Male
- Best Medieval Costume Female
*FYI Winnings maybe paid out in $1 dollar bills-You will have to win and see!
**If a winner is currently a high school or college athlete, they may defer their winnings to a foundation of their liking.
When will the awards be given out?Back to Top
When the last person from the last way crosses the finish line.
The Party? When does it start and when is it over?Back to Top
Whenever you want it to and head over to ND Country Fest when you are done running. You Get One Free General Admission Pass to ND Country Fest with Team or Individual Registration Purchase Medieval Rush Registration. So I would get to the grounds early, set up your chair at ND Country Fest, Rush, go back to ND Country Fest, Get a Beer, Eat, Listen to some Country Music, Party, Camp, wake up and tell everyone how Damn Cool it was. You will receive your ticket at packet pick up.
Clean Up? Do you really want to?Back to Top
If you must, there will be an area to hose down to get the Mud and Medieval off. Sorry, No Showers, just a hose down area. You know, Medieval Style!
What is Medieval Rush?Back to Top
The Largest and one of the BEST 5k Mud Runs in the Midwest!!!
Should you do this?Back to Top
Yes because you will probably regret it if you don’t. You don’t have to run the course you can walk it and do the obstacles, get muddy, have fun, sweat a little and have a good time with Medievals.
How long is the run?Back to Top
It is roughly a 5kish run. It could take you anywhere between 30 min to 1 ½ hours.
Will Medieval Rush be to hard for me?Back to Top
Medieval Rush is Medieval. Hard? Yes. Impossible? No. A great time? You know it will be. Don’t say I should have run, sign up and have a Medieval Time!
How do I know what my time was?Back to Top
This is a timed event. You will receive a timer chip in your packet; you tie it on your shoe on race day. Hand it in for a Free Beer after you run and in one to two days your results are posted with a link on our website. www.medievalrush.com
How long do I have to complete the course?Back to Top
All the time you want. If you want to bypass an obstacle you can just walk around it. If you bypass an obstacle you can’t win the prize. It should be no longer than 2 hours.
Can a person help me over the obstacle if I can’t do it?Back to Top
You bet! But you won’t be able to win the prize. If you feel uncomfortable with an obstacle simply walk around it.
What if I don’t swim?Back to Top
You can still participate. If you would like you can bring a life vest, but most water obstacles will not be over 4.5ft in depth
Is Medieval Rush Safe?Back to Top
Participating in Medieval Rush and its events is a Risk, please participate at your own risk. There will be medical personnel on site and an ambulance in case of an emergency.
Do I need to be in great Medieval shape to do this?Back to Top
Medieval Rush is Fun but Challenging. You don’t have to be in Medieval Elite Shape to do this. Hey Go Medieval!!!!
Can my spectators take photos of participants?Back to Top
You Bet! Best Place? Finish Line Row! Spectators will not have access to the entire course.
How can we hook up with Medieval Rush for our Charity?Back to Top
E-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Charity
How do I become a Medieval Rush Volunteer?Back to Top
Help is good. Go Medieval with us as a Volunteer! E-mail us your contact information and we will contact you 2 weeks prior to your area event. You might even get to wear a costume. No promises though. email@example.com
Please email us a sound/video track at firstname.lastname@example.org no less than two months before the event you want to play at.
I am from the media and want to cover the event. How do I get in?Back to Top
Please E-mail us email@example.com from you work E-mail and we will get you in. If you want to put Medieval Rush on TV, in the newspaper or in a magazine, that will get you in free!
How can my company become a Sponsor?Back to Top
E-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you would like to contribute.
I want Medieval Rush to come to my Town. Who do I talk to?Back to Top
E-mail us email@example.com and let’s talk. More Medieval Locations are coming! It might be your town.
I heard about the street team. What is it and how do I get on it?Back to Top
The street team promotes the event. They hand out promotional items and talk about the event. The day of the event they become some of our head volunteers. E-mails us if you want to be on the street team firstname.lastname@example.org
Didn’t answer your question?Back to Top
Please contact us at email@example.com